Saturday, March 14, 2009

by my side in the dead of night

So I am laying and thinking, praying. just my normal time before i go to bed... I am thinking about sooo many things like am i going to sleep in tomorrow but i have alot of hw to do or should I spend most of my day in prayer and time with God because I am speaking on sunday... or what the heck am i going to do with my life... do i have the strength to make it tomorrow? This week was probably the longest and most stressful and selfless week for this semester for me and there was a point when I wanted to just stop and just sit and do nothing. I didnt want to get more coffee and didnt want to put on my smile and shake 50 peoples hands consistently for 4 days... I had reached the breaking point.. I got a chance a chance to break away and go read the psamls. i read about how God was our strength and how he carries you through the darkest and lowest of times. A while ago i used to find strength in my clothes, hair, boys, and even just people.. now i look at how it used to be and am so glad i don't ne more cuz that was just plain stupid. to even think that those things brought me joy was just silly. i now look through the lens of my eyes at a different and backwards view. I see my joy and happiness come from Jesus Christ who is my strong tower who wont let me fall from him. I was listening to this song today about how we so often run from the hands of the beholder. God is trying to hold me in his hands and im dumb enough to keep looking, running and searching for more. today it hit me again that i was running from the hands that made me and he is molding me into his creation. He is constantly changing me and i love it! I hope that my eyes are open and my heart is truely changed... So stop running from him cuz he isnt leaving nor hiding around the corner. hes right by my side.... night

1 comment: